Jaime is working on reconstructing the blog. It's really in need of something more appealing, now that the template designer can be used. Expect it to look a little--errmmm--out of place and strange for a while!

Friday, May 7, 2010

Jewelry Making Part 1 Earrings

Hey everyone!! I thought I'd just do a post on how to make jewelry.  It's really pretty and fun to make.  This post will be about making earrings. 


Here's a picture of some earrings I have made.

Items Needed

I apologize that I don't know what these are called, 
but I will call them pins.  You can get the kind
with the loop at the end (left) or the kind with the
flat edge at the end (right).  I think the latter are better.
Earring hooks.  You can get these at craft stores.  
These came from Ben Franklin Craft Store.
These hook well onto the pins (the looped ones)
in the top items-needed picture.
Pliers and wire cutters.  Some people like to have 
another set of pliers, but I find one pair sufficient.

You will also need small-holed glass beads of your choice.

 To start, string your beads onto your pin.  Make 
sure to leave at least 3/4 inch of the pin showing....
Then, using your pliers, pinch the pin right above
the beads and bend the pin away from 
yourself at a right angle over the pliers.
Then, shift your pliers upward onto the other edge of the pin.
Then, curl your pin back towards yourself around the pliers......
Like so...............
Then, bend the long piece of the pin around underneath the pliers, above the bead(s).
Like so..............Then just clip off the last
little bit of the pin that you couldn't wrap.
Then bend the loop on your earring hook to the side.......

Slip the other part of your earring in, bend back the loop, and there you have it.

 Again, these are very pretty and fun to make.  If you're first getting started making jewelry, it may be a leeetle bit expensive.  Not too bad, just a little............Well, hope you like 'em!

-Jaime-

6 comments:

Alexis W. said...

Hi Jaime!
(Did I spell your name right!?)
Wow, you are really good at making stuff!! Sewing everything!

I miss you so much...
I just wish our Familys had more in common.. I could almost cry!
My heart is so sad..

I love you! Maybe we will get together.. It just isn't t the same as it used to be, But I Know Jesus knows what He is doing! It is all in His plan!!
Hope to see you soon!

LOVE YOU!

His Princess,
Alexis

Glitch said...

Hey Lexi!!!

Yes, you spelled my name right! Thanks for the compliment!

I miss you too. We haven't seen each other in months.....*sigh*sniffle*

I hope we can see each other soon. I really wish we hadn't left the church, but, there's no going back. Just trust Jesus, He knows what he's doing!

LOVE YOU!!!!!

Your Friend Forever,
Jaime

Alexis said...

Isn't there any chance of ya'll coming back..Anything is possible with God!

Lexi

Glitch said...

Lexi, I know anything is possible with God, and I would go back if I could, but--well, my parents found it necessary to leave to church, and I don't think I can go against them now.

Jaime

Anonymous said...

Thoes earrings are so pretty! God Bless you young woman of God.

One of the Wassenbergs said...

Just PRAY!! :'( It is the only thing WE can do.
Lexi ♥