Jaime is working on reconstructing the blog. It's really in need of something more appealing, now that the template designer can be used. Expect it to look a little--errmmm--out of place and strange for a while!

Friday, March 5, 2010

The Ocean Box


I just thought, since Court and I haven't posted much lately, that I'd do a post about my ocean box.  The ocean box is a project I do for science.  After reading the chapter (which takes about five days), I do a notebook activity and then my ocean box.  The ocean box is just a plain cardboard box painted blue, and once every two weeks I make a couple clay sea creatures (the ones I had just learned about) and add them to the box.

It's a good refreshment, this science book of mine, from the average science book.  The book has some neat activities and the author isn't afraid to make a joke every now and then.  And for about the first time in my life, I love doing science!

Anyway, here are some pictures of my almost completed ocean box.  I only have a few more chapters in science, and therefore, only a few more animals to make.

 Here is the inside of the ocean box.
This picture shows the animals on the surface, and the way
the blue whale is partially above water and partially below.
Here is the turtle, octopus (one of my favorites), clam,
crab, stingray, and Courtney's sea monster thing.
Here is Dory from Finding Nemo, made by Courtney.  
(I had to hold dory still because she kept spinning!)
 This is my squid, one of my favorites.  
I recently discovered they have ten arms.

Here is my seal, also a favorite.  As you can see,
he got a little dusty from sitting on top of the box.
And, a close up of Courtney's sea monster.  It 
terrifies Mikey, as hard as we try to make it 
harmless looking--so we keep it away from Mikey.

And, those are some pictures of the ocean box.  Hope you liked them!  Oh, and, by the way, I would recommend my science book to anyone in grades 1-6.  It's called Exploring Creation with Zoology 2: Swimming Creatures of the Fifth Day.  It's a Christian book and has older and younger student activities.  Hope ya like it!


-Jaime-








No comments: