Jaime is working on reconstructing the blog. It's really in need of something more appealing, now that the template designer can be used. Expect it to look a little--errmmm--out of place and strange for a while!

Sunday, November 30, 2008

Thanksgiving


Thanksgiving went well this year, as it always seems to. We had chicken (and I do mean chicken), stuffing, mashed potatoes, sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top (it wasn't too bad either), green beans, and possibly some other foods that I might have missed.

I'm not sure about everyone else, but I'm glad we had chicken rather than turkey. It tastes a whole lot better to me, especially the way Mom makes it with spices all over the top. Mmmmm, I love the skin. With the spices and all sprinkled on the top, the skin tastes so delicious!

We also had pumpkin pie, brownies, and chocolate ice cream for dessert. Pumpkin pie is probably one of my favorite desserts of all of these. I especially like it when it has whipped cream on top. Nobody in the family likes it except for me and Mom. I kind of like it that way, though, because it's all the more for us.

Will and I had to do dishes all that day. We washed the breakfast dishes, the afternoon dishes (which were the dishes that Mom dirtied up when she was making the food for dinner), and finally the dinner dishes. It wasn't too bad, but....you know how washing the dishes is. (At least, I'm assuming you do) We just had to put a good face on it. That reminds me of a poem we have hanging on the kitchen wall. I'm not sure who wrote it, but it's a nice poem, that's for sure. Here it is if you care to read it.


" Thank God for dirty dishes
They have a tale to tell
While other folks go hungry
We're eating very well.
With home and health and happiness,
We shouldn't want to fuss,
For by this stark of evidence
God's very good to us. "


Here are some pictures below:

They won't see me if I hide behind this platter....
I am safe behind the platter
Table set for Thanksgiving Dinner.
Table set for dinner again...
Preparing the dinner...
Making the basket for crescent rolls.
Mom cooking...
Cooking something....Idk what...
PUMPKIN PIE!!!!...and crescent rolls...
All the desserts...mmmmmmm
What's cooking?
Jaime and her funny faces....
Lol what is that supposed to be?
Mmmmmmmmm, I can't wait to eat!
That camera looks tasty!
Err....Idk.....
Lol, no idea...
BIG smile.
Dinner time!!!
C'mon, Court, stop takin' pictures so we can eat!!!
Sweet potatoes with marshmallows on top mmmmm.
CHICKEN!!!!!!
Little One (or Faithful) eating her Thanksgiving treat, millet seeds.
Spanky and Fruity eating millet seeds.
...more millet....

....and more eating millet...


Thanks for reading this, and sorry that the pictures weren't so great. We didn't have the best lighting and my camera isn't all that great for taking pictures.



-Courtney-



No comments: