Jaime is working on reconstructing the blog. It's really in need of something more appealing, now that the template designer can be used. Expect it to look a little--errmmm--out of place and strange for a while!

Sunday, July 19, 2009

Family Picnic

We went to the family picnic yesterday. It was really fun. Let me just start from the beginning.....

First, on Friday, we had to prepare everything for the picnic. Me and Mom went to the store to get some things for the picnic and just as we were about to check out the groceries, we remembered munchies for the ride. We had to get out of line, find some good snacks, and find another line. Later that day, we kids had to clean out the truck. That evening, after eating dinner and doing the dishes, me and Mom cleaned a little bit around the house. Then a little while later we went to bed...

On Saturday, we had to get up at six-thirty!!! Ughhh...early. We ate a five minute breakfast of lucky charms, then we had to pack things and get things ready to go. When we started driving, I was really excited. But after about an hour and forty-five minutes, I was ready to stop driving. I ate some whales (a snack like gold fish only cheaper) but those made me really thirsty. I drank a caprisun and soon had to use the bathroom. After a while, we found a gas station and used the bathroom and bought a few gummy worms and a little pack of oreos.

I won't tell you everything else about the trip. There was traffic, we kids got bored, and finally we arrived at our grandparents house. We grabbed the food and headed over to the park right across the street, after, of course, some greetings and hugs. The food was delicious. I ate only a roast beef sandwich, though, because after eating in the car practically all the way there I wasn't overly hungry.

After eating, I went with my cousins Taylor (8 yrs old) and Rebekah (11 yrs old) over to the playground nearby. We decided to play on the swings for a little while, then went over to the merry-go-round. We were soon joined by Courtney who was racing James (7 I think) to where we were. Afterward Will and Rodney (12 I think) and Trevor (6 yrs old) came on over. (We also have one more close cousin named Tyler but he didn't come.) After a while of that, we all got tired and hot and headed back to the adults. After a little while (which seemed like forever to me because I really wanted to go swimming), we went down to the river to look at the water. After walking around a little, we decided to pack up and go back to the house. Us kids all got a ride in the back of the pickup truck. Me and Court got the best seat on a cooler at the very back. It was cool.

When we got to the house, we all got our swim suits on and swam in the pool. It was really fun. It wasn't deep enough to dive, but, even if it had been, I don't think I would have anyway. But we jumped in and made a whirlpool and stuff. Taylor didn't want to swim and Rebekah got out after a little while. We made the whirlpool after Rebekah had gotten out and Rodney, Courtney, Will, and I kept pulling Trevor off the ladder. It was hard for him to hold on with the whirlpool so it was fun dragging him back into the water.

After we all were out of the pool, we got chocolate and vanilla icecream cones. YUMMY!!! We ate dinner there so we wouldn't be too hungry on the ride home, and after that we left. The ride home was practically unbearable for me. I was really tired. I was kind of grumpy too. I said something a little bit mean when Courtney said something that annoyed me. But after a long time of driving through traffic, we stopped at a gas station. Dad pumped the gas while me, Mom, Court, and Will went over to the Mcdonald's next door to get some hot fudge sundays. Yum!! Icecream twice in one day!

And after a couple more hours, we arrived home. We were happy to see Annie and that she hadn't used the bathroom in the house. YAY! We unpacked some of the stuff and soon went to bed. And after waking up at 6:45 in the morning and coming home at almost eleven I slept like a log!

No comments: